Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Travel - Always a good decision

After my last day at work on Friday I took a trip up to Boston for the weekend to visit some friends from college. Despite all the driving it was still a good weekend all in all. I got to see a bunch of people at a party Saturday night, visited the campus and saw some of the additions that have been made since I was last up there (mainly a giant statue of St. Ignatius Loyola), and even picked up a much needed Boston College hoodie.
Unfortunately the weather kept us from following through on plans to spend a day on the cape, so instead my friend Doug and I did a tour at the Sam Adams Brewery.
While Sam Adams may not be my favorite brewer (still has some good ones), the tour did give me a new found appreciation for the fact that I was not around drinking beer 20-30 years ago. Thanks to the microbrewing revolution I never have to worry about going to the bar and finding nothing to choose from beyond Bud, Coors, and Miller, which is a very good thing.
With that said I'm going to wrap up this session by pointing you in the direction of the most recent podcast at http://instapundit.com/archives/cat_podcasts.php where they actually have a pretty interesting discussion about beer and brewing (from July 17).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12 August, 2006 00:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 
At 17 August, 2006 06:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home